Your personal data will be used to provide the information, goods and services offered through our website to you, for billing and order fulfilment.
We can only provide the goods and services ordered by you if you provide us with your personal data. For the purpose of providing these services, we collect personal data about you such as your name, address and e-mail address. We may request your phone number to allow us to easily contact you about your order and your payment details will be processed by Paypal.
If you sign up to our newsletter, we may use your e-mail address to send you information about our products and services. At any stage you can ask us to stop using your personal data for direct marketing purposes. You can opt out of receiving any marketing communications from us by contacting us with the request using the contact us section of the website.
We will not contact you by any means other than email unless we need to clarify an order that you have placed or are responding to a request for contact from you.
We may disclose your personal data:
if we sell our business to a third party;
to our agents and service providers (e.g. providers of web hosting or maintenance services);
in any other case where we are required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cybercrime or to protect the website or the rights, property or personal safety of any person. We may also disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to our website [customers and sales] in order to describe our services to prospective partners [advertisers, sponsors] and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
This website uses etracker technology (www.etracker.de) by which anonymous data is collected and saved for marketing and optimisation purposes. All visitor data is saved using an anonymous user ID to aggregate a usage profile. Cookies may be used to collect and save this data, but the data is not personally identifiable. The data will not be used to identify a visitor personally and is not aggregated with any personal data. The collection and storage of data may berefused at any time, with effect for the future.
We may also monitor who accesses our website, for example we may automatically collect access information about you such as: the type of internet browser you use; the website from which you have come to our website and your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet) which is automatically recognised by our web server. Such information enables us to assess and build a profile of our users. We use this information to improve the layout and/or content of the pages of our website and customise them for users.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk. All we can do is use all our reasonable efforts to safeguard your data and ensure that we maintain a reliable and safe environment to use your data. It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
Website privacy notice
This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our site www.decadentlypure.co.uk, including any information you may provide through our site when you purchase a product or service, sign up to our newsletter or take part in a prize draw or competition.
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age.
Decadently Pure is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
[We have appointed a Data Protection Officer who is in charge of privacy related matters for us. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, please contact the Data Protection Officer using the details set out below.
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: Decadently Pure
Name or title of Data Protection Officer: Dr. Rosalind Milligan
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: Unit 47, Mavis Bank, Bathgate, West Lothian, EH48 4GY
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
We may process certain types of personal data about you as follows:
- Identity Data may include your first name, maiden name, last name, username, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data may include your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data may include your bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data may include details about payments between us and other details of purchases made by you.
- Technical Data may include your login data, internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site.
- Profile Data may include your username and password, purchases or orders, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data may include information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We may also process Aggregated Data from your personal data but this data does not reveal your identity and as such in itself is not personal data. An example of this is where we review your Usage Data to work out the percentage of website users using a specific feature of our site. If we link the Aggregated Data with your personal data so that you can be identified from it, then it is treated as personal data.
3. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We collect data about you through a variety of different methods including:
- Direct interactions: You may provide data by filling in forms on our site (or otherwise) or by communicating with us by post, phone, email or otherwise, including when you:
- order our products or services;
- create an account on our site;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request resources or marketing be sent to you;
- enter a competition, prize draw, promotion or survey; or
- give us feedback.
- Automated technologies or interactions: As you use our site, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and usage patterns. We collect this data by using cookies, server logs and similar technologies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources: We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Technical Data from the following parties:
Facebook & Google
- analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU;
- advertising networks [such as Facebook based outside the EU; and
- search information providers.
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services [such as PayPal based inside the EU and Gocardless based inside the EU].
- Identity and Contact Data from data brokers or aggregators.
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly availably sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when legally permitted. The most common uses of your personal data are:
- Where we need to perform the contract between us.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal ground for processing your personal data, other than in relation to sending marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by emailing us at email@example.com
Purposes for processing your personal data
Set out below is a description of the ways we intend to use your personal data and the legal grounds on which we will process such data. We have also explained what our legitimate interests are where relevant.
We may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground, depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have:
- requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us; or
- if you provided us with your details and ticked the box at the point of entry of your details for us to send you marketing communications; and
- in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you
Where you opt out of receiving our marketing communications, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to find out more about how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please email us at email@example.com
If we need to use your personal data for a purpose unrelated to the purpose for which we collected the data, we will notify you and we will explain the legal ground of processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
5. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in the table in paragraph 4 above:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in the United Kingdom and other relevant jurisdictions who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- Virtual assistants we employ to help manage systems within our business.
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) do not always offer the same levels of protection to your personal data, so European law has prohibited transfers of personal data outside of the EEA unless the transfer meets certain criteria.
Many of our third parties service providers are based outside the European Economic Area (EEA) so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA.
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we do our best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission; or
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
- Where we use providers based in the United States, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the EU-US Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US.
If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
7. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
8. DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
9. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
10. THIRD-PARTY LINKS
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
We reserve the right to make changes to this site, the disclaimers and these terms and conditions at any time.
- The owner of this web site is Decadently Pure
- Your contract for purchases made through the Site is with Decadently Pure.
- You agree that e-mail can be used as a long-distance means of communication. Should you have provided your phone number you are giving permission for us to contact you if relevant to the order / query you entered at the time.
- No contract for the sale of any product will subsist between you and decadentlypure.co.uk unless and until decadentlypure.co.uk accepts your order by way of an e-mail confirming that it has received payment in full for all the goods you have ordered. That acceptance will be deemed complete and will be deemed for all purposes to have been effectively communicated to you at the time the e-mail is sent, whether or not you receive that e-mail. This confirmation e-mail amounts to an acceptance by decadentlypure.co.uk of your offer to buy goods from decadentlypure.co.uk.
- You must check that the details on this confirmatory e-mail are correct as soon as possible and contact decadentlypure.co.uk should there be any concerns about the details of your order.
- You undertake that all details you provide to decadentlypure.co.uk for the purpose of ordering or purchasing goods or services are correct, that the credit or debit card you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods or services ordered.
- If there are any changes to the details supplied by you it is your responsibility to inform decadentlypure.co.uk as soon as possible.
- You may cancel your order at any time. We can accept cancellations by email to decadentlypure.co.uk or by post (please email us for our address). You may withdraw from the contract at any time after the product has been dispatched and you have received our email confirming your order but no later than 7 working days after the day after you receive the product by:
- Sending the notice of cancellation by email to decadentlypure.co.uk quoting your name, address and order number
- If you have already received, or subsequently receive the goods, returning the goods to decadentlypure.co.uk unopened together with the original invoice. decadentlypure.co.uk will refund you the purchase price of the goods.
- Once decadentlypure.co.uk receives notification from you that you wish to withdraw from the contract (in accordance with these terms), any sum debited to decadentlypure.co.uk via PayPal in relation to your order will be re-credited to your account as soon as possible using their refund system and in any event within 30 days of your order provided that the goods you wish to return are received by decadentlypure.co.uk in the condition that they were in when delivered to you. You will be liable for any charges incurred in returning the goods to decadentlypure.co.uk.
- This section applies only to the extent permitted by law. For the avoidance of doubt, decadentlypure.co.uk do not exclude or limit any liability for (a) personal injury (including sickness and death) where such injury results from decadentlypure.co.uk's negligence or wilful default, or that of future employees, agents or subcontractors or (b) fraudulent misrepresentation.
- decadentlypure.co.uk does not accept liability (except as detailed out below) for any errors or omissions and reserves the right to change prices, specifications and descriptions of listed items of any sort.
- If an error is discovered in the price of the goods that you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible. In the event that you order an item and the price published on the site is incorrect for any reason, we will contact you to let you know the correct price and ask you whether you still wish us to fulfil your order at this price. We shall be under no obligation to fulfil an order for a product which was advertised at an incorrect price. We shall give you the option of confirming the order at the correct price or if you so choose, to cancel the order altogether. If you cancel and have already paid for the goods in the circumstances described in this clause, we shall refund the full amount in accordance with these terms
- decadentlypure.co.uk will do its best to correct errors and omissions as quickly as POSSIBLE after being notified of them
- To the fullest extent permissible by law this site and contents are provided by decadentlypure.co.uk on an "as is" bases and no representations or warranty of any kind (express or implied) are made with regard to the site, content, products or materials including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
- decadentlypure.co.uk and you will only be liable under these terms for losses which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of the relevant breach of contract.
- Accordingly, decadentlypure.co.uk does not accept liability for any indirect loss, consequential loss, loss of data, loss of income or profit, loss of damage to property and/or loss from claims of third parties arising out of the use of the site or for any purchases from decadentlypure.co.uk.
Processing of orders
- All prices are shown with relevant taxes included and delivery is specified separately. The full price to be charged including delivery will be shown prior to completion of the order online.
- decadentlypure.co.uk aims to arrange shipment of all "in stock" items within 72 hours of receiving your order. Some items may be unavailable. decadentlypure.co.uk will contact you if this is the case with a proposed date for the item(s) being dispatched to confirm if you with to continue with the order.
- Our standard Returns Policy applies to all purchases from decadentlypure.co.uk
- The delivery schedule stated for receipt of your order is approximate. Goods will be sent to the address that was given by you in your order and subsequently stated in the order confirmation. Goods will be dispatched in one set of postage, but may be shipped in multiple containers depending on the volumes involved.
- Any product ordered will pass to you once decadentlypure.co.uk has received payment in full for that product. Risk in any product ordered will pass upon delivery to you.
- If your delivery address is outside of the United Kingdom, decadentlypure.co.uk reserves the right to cancel your order. Should the order be accepted, you may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. Any such additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you. You should note that customs policies vary widely from country to country and decadentlypure.co.uk advises each customer to contact their local customs office for further information in the event the order is accepted.
- Please note that if such an international order is accepted, when shipping products internationally cross-border shipments are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities.
- For Christmas Deliveries, we recommend that you order by the 4th December. We will endeavour to dispatch all ‘in stock’ orders within 72 hours, however we cannot guarantee delivery on or before the 24th December as the post may be delayed.
- We currently ship using Royal Mail parcel services, and we often use signed for deliveries for parcels. If you would like a special delivery, guaranteed for a certain date, please contact us and we can see how we can help you.
We will try to ship in a single package, but reserve the right to ship in more than one if required. If we do this then we will let you know before they are posted so you aren't surprised.
We at Decadently Pure want everyone to enjoy our fabulous chocolate. However as standard we only ship to the UK. If you would like a quote for shipping elsewhere please contact us at email@example.com .
If your item has not arrived, and you think it should have, please check garden sheds, porches, recycling bins, the mail room at work (if delivered to your place of work), neighbours and colleagues. Parcels sometimes turn up in odd places! If your item has not arrived within 15 working days, please contact us. We will do our best to help you in any way we can, however, we cannot offer refunds before this time.
- We shall have no liability to you for any delay in the delivery of products ordered or any other matters to the extent that the delay is due to any event outside our reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, war, flood, fire, labour disputes, strikes, lock-outs, riots, civil commotion, malicious damage, explosion, governmental actions and any other similar events.
- We shall have no liability (including liability for negligence) for the acts or omissions of telecommunications service providers or for failures of, or faults in their networks and equipment.
- No waiver by us of any breach of these Terms shall be considered as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision.
- You may not permit, create unauthorized framing of, or deep linking to, the Site or the creation of derivative works thereof from any other website under your management or control.
- In these Terms, ‘Intellectual Property Rights’ means patents, database rights, copyright, design rights (whether registered or unregistered), trade marks (whether registered or unregistered) and other similar rights, together with the right to apply for the protection of any such rights. All Intellectual Property Rights in the Site shall be owned by us absolutely.
- Subject to the licence granted to you to use the Site, decadentlypure.co.uk reserves all rights, title and interest in its Intellectual Property Rights in the Site. Any goodwill accruing from use of decadentlypure.co.uk under this Agreement will vest in decadentlypure.co.uk as appropriate.
- It is a crime to use a false name or a known invalid credit card to order. Anyone caught wilfully entering an erroneous or fictitious order will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
- We reserve the right to terminate this Agreement and to suspend or terminate your access to the Site immediately and without notice to you if:
- you fail to make any payment when due
- you breach the terms of this agreement (repeatedly or otherwise)
- you fail to provide us within a reasonable time with sufficient information to enable us to determine the accuracy and validity of any information supplied by you when requested by us to do so
- we suspect you have engaged, or about to engage, or have in any way been involved, in fraudulent or illegal activity on the Site
- The terms may be amended by decadentlypure.co.uk from time to time, and the new version will be placed on the Site. For customers purchasing or registering on the Site for the first time, all purchases from the date that the amended terms are placed on our website onwards will be governed by those new terms. Otherwise, changes will be effective for existing users thirty days following the amended version being posted on the Site. Your continued use of the Site following decadentlypure.co.uk posting of any changes will constitute your acceptance of such changes.
- These Terms supersede any and all other conditions, understandings, commitments, agreements or representations (except fraudulent misrepresentations) relating to your purchase, whether oral or in writing, and contain the entire agreement between decadentlypure.co.uk and you relating to your purchase. We will store a copy of the contract entered into by you with decadentlypure.co.uk. You are advised to read (and are responsible for reading) fully all information on this website.
- If any provision of these Terms shall be held by any competent authority to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity of the remaining parts of these Terms and the remainder of the affected provision shall be unaffected.
- These Terms are subject to the laws and exclusive jurisdiction of the United Kingdom